Friday 24 September 2010

Evaluation

I liked how we made our own cameras because we were able to learn more about the process of making Pinhole Cameras, but it was difficult to accurately guess if the photographic paper had been exposed for too long or too little until going into the darkroom and developing the photo. I found it abit frustrating when each of my pictures turned out black or white as I followed the time frame I was supposed to leave it inside or outside for.

Out of the photos I developed only one turned out well, although part of the image was black while the other was very white, suggesting an imbalance of light. I took this image outside when the sun was extremely bright, so I had to shorten the time frame of leaving my photo exposed from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.

I mistakenly filmed two photos in the hall where I was later told the light wouldn’t reflect onto the paper because it wasn’t bright enough. These photos’s turned out white, so I filmed in the atrium where there was some natural light. I left the next two photos exposed for 10 minutes but the photo’s came out too dark.

If I was to develop my photo outside again, then I think I would have to do it when the weather was neutral so I could gain accurate results. I also learnt to reduce the time frame if the photograph turns out white and increase it if the photograph turns out black until the photograph turns out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment